Van-tastic Voyage

Monday, September 11, 2006

Je suis tres fatigue...

It's 1:30am now, and I think my attempt to fight the jet lag early is doomed. The lids are starting to sag, and I'm not sure I'm making full sense anymore while talking to people on MSN. On the plus side I did find out a few things.

First, and this could be a hassle, I may have to re-check all my baggage when I get to Vancouver cause I'm switching airlines. Not sure though, cause the Air Canada site says it only applies to those with two tickets, and I'm hoping that mine counts as one ticket.

Second, and this'll be good for the people beside me on the flight from Singapore to NZ, I can buy access to a shower and nap time at Changi airport. $8 for a shower (including a warm drink), or $10/hr for the nap facilities w/ a free shower if I sleep for more than 3 hours. There are a bunch of other packages I may check out as well. And if I need to feel pretty, they offer a wide range of facials, massages, and various 'cures (crystals/stickers/nail art only $3 a nail!) Plus they have free wireless :)

Third, a 10 kilo backpack is heavy. I've had it on for a couple hours to get a feel for it, and while all the straps help, it's still friggin heavy. The massages are probably going to be very appealing by the time I get to Singapore.

On that note, I think it's time for a power nap. And don't worry, the posts will become much less frequent and much more interesting once I make it to New Zealand.

Edit: Yay, my first comment!

1 Comments:

At 5:16 p.m., Blogger spookyhat said...

Good luck man, it's bound to be an adventure and a half, keep us all up to date and stay in touch amigo.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home