Van-tastic Voyage

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Wo-oh, we're halfway there...

Wo-oh, not quite living on a prayer :) (Lame yes I know, but noone's here to stop me.) (And screw you I'm tired.)

So Singapore Airlines rocks. First thing I get when the plane hits cruising altitude, "Excuse me sir, would you like a drink?". Yes, yes I would. And they have scotch! Admittedly it's only Jonnie Walker Red, but it'll do, and the price is definitely right (free all flight!). And they come by every few hours offering more. The video on demand service is pretty sweet too. On the Vancouver->Singapore leg, I killed the time watching X-Men 3 (they have the first two as well!), Mission Impossible 3, Lucky Number Slevin, and the Inside Man. Napped for a bit as well, and fairly comfortably given that I had three seats to myself. The hostesses were actually cute/hot too, and nice, unlike the crap-tastic service you get on Air Canada.

So now I have 7 hours to kill until my flight to Auckland. My battle with jet lag seems to be faring well. I've gotten maybe 4 hours sleep total since leaving Toronto so in a weird state right now. Sorta tired, sorta not, but I will need sleep at some point, and I'm debating between sleeping in a chair, or shelling out some cash for a bed. The bed's pricey, but might be worth it. If not, I'll follow Mel Josee's advice, and get smashed upon arrival at the hostel and pass out right away. Might not leave such a great first impression, but Auckland's only one city :D

One thing I definitely need though is a shower. It's not too horrible yet, but I am getting noticeably ripe and have no deodorant or cologne, stupid new restrictions. $8 a shower though. However, I don't know if I could deal with my own "fragrance" after another 17 hours without a shower.

Anyway, enough for now. Might post some more before I take off again, but who knows.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home