Van-tastic Voyage

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

What's the opposite of smooth?

Me. So there's this nice blonde girl that's been on the same plane as me from Toronto, and we finally get to talking near the end of the flight to NZ. She's in New Zealand for 3 weeks before heading off to South Africa to work on a wildlife reserve. Like me, she's never been to NZ before, doesn't know anyone here, and will be in Auckland. Of course, stupid me doesn't think to ask for her e-mail, despite the fact that she hints at needing a travel buddy on more than one occasion. What a dumbass.

On a more positive note, I am finally in New Zealand. So far, based on the drive from the airport, it's not too much different from Canada. Except for the driving on the other side of the road part. Which is freaky.

I'm in a room with 5 others, 3 of which were sleeping, 2 of which are out somewhere I assume. Hopefully I did dump my stuff on the right bed, otherwise I'm in for a rude awakening at some point. Speaking of bed, I think I'm off there now. I may have my jet lag beat already :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home