Van-tastic Voyage

Friday, September 15, 2006

New Digs!

Long-ish day today. Checked out of my shared room at Auckland Central Backpackers, before heading to my orientation session. My 3 hour long orientation session. At least I discovered a few more places I wanted to visit. There's one place on the east side of the island where a highlighted activity is "possum shooting"...interesting to say the least. Apparently they're a pest and need to be controlled, so one is helping the environment right?

So after all that and grabbing lunch, headed over to the bank to set up a bank account, just like half the other people at the orientation. By the time that was all said and done, it was after 4, so I headed over to my new place, the YWCA.

My room is tiny, maybe the size of my half of my dorm room from first year, and painted in this crappy pale blue which makes the room seem even smaller. But at least I have my own room, right? The most interesting part is the bathroom setup. I'm on a coed floor, and the bathrooms and showers are coed. May take a bit of getting used to. Also, no alcohol permitted, but the girl at the front desk said that as long as no one working there knows, it's okay. A good thing I guess, though drunk people in a co-ed shower could be interesting...

Anyway looks possibly like a geeky friday night. Still don't know too many people, and don't feel quite up to going to bar by my lonesome. Maybe I'll get drunk and pass out in my room playing video games.

Also considering selling out and putting ads on my blog :) We'll have to see how desperate I get for money :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home