Van-tastic Voyage

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Fun and games...

Quick update again. I'm going skydiving tomorrow (hopefully)! Was supposed to go today but the weather didn't quite co-operate and was cloudy for the most part. Of course a couple hours after things were cancelled, the skies cleared right up. Oh well, guess I can deal with another day of living safely.

It's actually a little refreshing compared with some of the dumb things I've been doing during my travels. Went surfing in Raglan on a non-beginner beach and decided I didn't need a refresher lesson. So got banged up a fair bit (including having a fin smack into my ankle), and got pulled out to sea by a rip-tide. My driver came by on a surf rescue boat, asked if I was okay, then roared off without even asking me if I wanted a lift back to shore :P Kept trying for a little bit after, then decided to call it quits when I got hit in the head by my board cause I was busy admiring something other than the waves :P

That same evening I was goofing around on the flying fox (pretty much a seated zip line) with some other bus-mates when one of them (a cute blonde) suggested we ride down together, which I quickly agreed to. Turned out to be a bad idea. The line was a bit lower than I'd expected, so the first half of the ride my legs and feet "brushed" against the not so smooth ground. Spent the rest of the night picking bits of gravel out of my legs and feet :P There was a full moon, so I'm blaming that and not the fact that I'm a sucker for a pretty face.

On a much less painful but full of equally stupid fun, I did go Zorbing! Basically you squeeze into a giant rubber ball with up to two others, which is then filled ankle deep with water. Once that's all said and done the the ball gets rolled down a hill and the riders end up in a jumble of wet arms and legs. Great fun :) Here's a picture of the ball rolling down the hill, and the stumble out after.



Well, maybe that wasn't such a short update. I'll try to post more pictures when I get a chance. I haven't been uploading them in chronological order, so probably won't be posting things in chronological order. Will try to upload all my pictures somewhere though so those that want to can take their time flipping through. Hopefully I'll have some skydiving pictures to post soon though!

1 Comments:

At 11:12 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Van!

Good to hear you're livin' it up down in NZ! That Zorbing thing looks like it's a blast...especially going in with 2 women. ;)

Glad to see you're keeping yourself busy too. Have fun skydiving tomorrow!

Eric

 

Post a Comment

<< Home